The Next Frontier: The Future of the Brain
Axios hosted the second installment of its Future Shaper series sponsored by PhRMA and America's Biopharmaceutical Companies in Los Angeles on June 14.
Science editor Alison Snyder hosted a conversation on The Next Frontier: The Brain with five experts who discussed the impact and possibilities of artificial intelligence, virtual reality, biopharmaceuticals and research for the brain. The panel of experts included:
- Mr. Matt Grob, EVP Technology, Qualcomm
- Dr. Hunter Hoffman, Director, Virtual Reality Research Center, University of Washington
- Dr. Lon Schneider, Director, State of California Alzheimer's Disease Center, USC
- Dr. Eric Siemers, Distinguished Medical Fellow, Eli Lilly and Company
- Dr. Doris Tsao, Chair, Chen Center of Systems Neuroscience, California Institute of Technology