White House: Trump “weighed in” on Don Jr. statement
Evan Vucci / AP
Sarah Sanders confirmed Tuesday that President Trump weighed in on Donald Trump Jr.'s statement about his meeting with a Russian attorney. That contradicts Trump lawyer Jay Sekulow, who twice said Trump played no role in the statement.
"There's no inaccuracy in the statement... he certainly didn't dictate, but...he weighed in, offered suggestions, like any father would do," said Sanders.
Highlights from her Tuesday briefing:
- WH involvement in the Seth Rich story: "The president had no knowledge of the story and it is completely untrue that there was WH involvement."
- Trump's comments on police force "It wasn't a directive, it was a joke. There's a very big difference."
- When will Trump sign the Russia sanctions bill? "There's nothing holding him back. There's a review process."
- Is the WH's credibility problem affecting Trump's agenda? "What's hurting the legislative agenda is Congress's inability to get things passed."
- North Korea: "The president has been very outspoken about the need to stop North Korea... and we are keeping all options on the table in order to do that."
- On access to Oval Office: "I don't think anybody wanders into the Oval Office."