The White House requested an additional $44 billion from Congress on Friday for disaster recovery, which if approved would bring the total to almost $100 billion for Texas, Puerto Rico, Florida, and the U.S. Virgin Islands, Politico reports.
- Almost 82% of the island has water.
- Nearly 45% of the island has electricity.
- There are 15,000 civilian/military personnel assisting in recovery, plus 2,800 FEMA personnel.
- 84% of gas stations are up and running.
- Almost 89% of supermarkets are running.
- There are 1,822 people taking shelter in 50 shelters.