Kikkan Randall and Jessica Diggins at the Olympics. Photo: Nils Petter Nilsson / Getty Images
Two Americans, Kikkan Randall and Jessica Diggins, just won gold in team cross-country skiing at the Olympics in Pyeongchang, South Korea. They are now the first American cross-country skiers to win a gold medal in the sport.
Medal count: The U.S. has taken home 6 gold medals, 4 silver, and 6 bronze, landing it in fifth place behind Norway who leads the medal count, Germany, Canada, and the Netherlands, according to Pyeongchang's medal tracker.
Quick catch up on the latest Team USA highlights:
- Skaters Maia and Alex Shibutani (the “Shib Sibs”) snagged two medals Monday.
- Lindsey Vonn took home a bronze medal in downhill skiing Wednesday, the last Olympic downhill race for her career.
- U.S. hockey players were eliminated at the Olympics by the Czech Republic Wednesday.
All the U.S. medals
- Gold (6):
- Kikkan Randall and Jessica Diggins — women's cross-country skiing
- Mikaela Shiffrin — women's giant slalom
- Jamie Anderson — women's snowboard slopestyle
- Red Gerard — men's snowboard slopestyle
- Chloe Kim — women's snowboard halfpipe
- Shaun White — men’s snowboard halfpipe
- Silver (4):
- Nick Goepper — men's freestyle skiing slopestyle
- John-Henry Krueger — men's 1,000-meter short-track speedskating
- Chris Mazdzer — men's luge
- Team USA — women's bobsleigh
- Bronze (6):
- Maia and Alex Shibutani — ice dance figure skating
- Team USA — figure skating team event
- Team USA — ladies' team pursuit
- Lindsey Vonn — women’s downhill skiing
- Brita Sigourney — women's freestyle skiing halfpipe
- Arielle Gold — women's snowboard halfpipe