Pablo Martinez Monsivais / AP
President Trump knows how to use Twitter to his advantage, particularly when he wants to control the news narrative. After Press Secretary Sean Spicer abruptly resigned yesterday following Anthony Scaramucci's appointment as communications director, the news about the White House only got worse.
The Washington Post dropped a late-evening story claiming Attorney General Jeff Sessions — who Trump had dismissed earlier in the week, saying he wouldn't have hired Sessions if he had know he'd recuse himself from the Russia investigation — had discussed campaign-related issues with Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Kislyak during the 2016 election. Later, reports surfaced that the House Intelligence Committee (in addition to the Senate Intelligence Committee) is now inviting Jared Kushner to testify on Tuesday regarding the Russia probes. And, new reports detailed Kushner had failed to disclose more than 70 assets in his security clearance forms and that Ivanka Trump is benefiting financially while she serves in the administration.
Here's what President Trump has decided to focus on this morning:
- "ObamaCare is dead and the Democrats are obstructionists, no ideas or votes, only obstruction. It is solely up to the 52 Republican Senators!"
- "The Republican Senators must step up to the plate and, after 7 years, vote to Repeal and Replace. Next, Tax Reform and Infrastructure. WIN!"
- "In all fairness to Anthony Scaramucci, he wanted to endorse me 1st, before the Republican Primaries started, but didn't think I was running!
- "My son Donald openly gave his e-mails to the media & authorities whereas Crooked Hillary Clinton deleted (& acid washed) her 33,000 e-mails!"
- So many people are asking why isn't the A.G. or Special Council looking at the many Hillary Clinton or Comey crimes. 33,000 e-mails deleted? ... What about all of the Clinton ties to Russia, including Podesta Company, Uranium deal, Russian Reset, big dollar speeches etc."
- "While all agree the U. S. President has the complete power to pardon, why think of that when only crime so far is LEAKS against us.FAKE NEWS."
- "This morning I will be going to the Commissioning Ceremony for the largest aircraft carrier in the world, The Gerald R. Ford. Norfolk, Va."
- "The Failing New York Times foiled U.S. attempt to kill the single most wanted terrorist,Al-Baghdadi.Their sick agenda over National Security."
- "A new INTELLIGENCE LEAK from the Amazon Washington Post,this time against A.G. Jeff Sessions.These illegal leaks, like Comey's, must stop!"