James Comey is no stranger to Congressional intel hearings, testifying on both the Clinton email investigation and the Trump-Russia investigation. Here's what he's said so far about the probe into Russia's election interference and possible collusion with Trump associates.
- The FBI is investigating Russia's meddling in the U.S. presidential election.
- The investigation includes looking into any contacts between Trump campaign officials and Russian government officials, and any crimes that could have been committed.
- The FBI has performed background checks on some Trump officials, but Comey could not disclose any names.
- Per his statement on Wednesday, as of January the FBI had not investigated Trump personally.
- Comey believes Russia attempted to interfere with the election, but did not succeed in tampering with actual votes.
- The FBI believes Russia is still attempting to interfere with American politics.
- Comey expects more interference in 2018 and especially 2020 elections.