Trump's special guests tonight
Guests who'll be seated with First Lady Melania Trump tonight, for the President's speech, as described by the White House:
- Maureen McCarthy Scalia, widow of Justice Antonin Scalia.
- Megan Crowley: At 15 months, Megan was diagnosed with Pompe Disease and not expected to live more than a few years. To look for a cure, her father founded Novazyme Pharmaceuticals, a five-person startup that he built into a 100-person company. Megan, age 20, is now a sophomore at Notre Dame.
- Jessica Davis and Susan Oliver: Jessica and Susan are the widows of Detective Michael Davis and Deputy Sheriff Danny Oliver, California police officers killed in the line of duty in 2014 "by an illegal immigrant." Their names are memorialized in the Davis-Oliver bill, aimed at increasing cooperation between federal and local officials to enforce immigration laws.
- Denisha Merriweather: After struggling with classes and switching schools often, Denisha moved in with her godmother and enrolled in the Florida Tax Credit Scholarship Program. She began going to a private school, Esprit de Corps Center for Learning, and became the first member of her family to graduate from high school and college.
- Jamiel Shaw, Sr.: Shaw's son, Jamiel Jr., was a high school football star before he was shot "by an illegal immigrant, who was also a gang member," in 2008.