Stef W. Kight Jan 29, 2017
Trump's debut: All the absurdities and distractions
In addition to signing 15 executive orders, Trump also indulged his usual Twitter mania and election obsessions:
The sideshows included:
- Trump claiming the photos of the inauguration crowd were false, boasting that he had the most-watched presidential inauguration and even reaching out to the National Parks Service for photos to prove it.
- Having the WH press secretary Sean Spicer go OFF on reporters.
- Spicer switching to a darker suit per Trump's alleged request.
- Trump announcing he was going to launch an investigation on voter fraud.
- And then citing some random guy who claimed there were 3 million non-citizens who voted in the election.
- Calling Chelsea Manning an "Ungrateful TRAITOR," stealing the line from a Fox News banner.
- Claiming he cancelled a meeting with Mexico, when Mexico cancelled the meeting on him.
- And after all the complaints about the DNC not protecting themselves from hacking, having the POTUS Twitter account linked to an unsecured gmail.
- Spicer accidentally tweeting out two (assumed to be) passwords.
- And Trump having a weird interview about all of these things on ABC.