President Trump, on January 9th: "Oprah will be lots of fun. I did one of her last shows.... I like Oprah. I don’t think she’s going to run.”
President Trump, late last night:
Selected quotes from Oprah's "60 Minutes Overtime" clip that aired last week:
- "I think if I was considering a run... I would probably take myself out of the role of journalist or conversationalist or anything, I would take myself out of that. But I don't think so because it wasn't my doing... I was looking for a way to express what was going on in that moment in terms of gender and class and race... I cared about landing that speech in the room, and then I cared about not getting cut off."
- "I had a lot of wealthy men calling me, telling me they would run my campaign and raise a billion dollars for me. I think that when you have that many people whose opinions you value coming at you, it's worthy of thinking about it."
- "I've never looked outside for other people to tell me when I should be making a move. And wouldn't I know?"
- "If God actually wanted me to run, wouldn't God tell me? I haven't heard that."
- "I do feel that I have a responsibility as a person who has a big voice in this country to use it to promote justice and kindness and goodwill in the world. But it never has felt to me that it was supposed to be political, and it still doesn't feel that way to me."
- "So I am actually humbled by the fact that people think that I could be a leader of the free world, but it's just not in my spirit. It's not in my DNA."