Trump touts tax plan to truckers
President Donald Trump speaks about tax reform during an event at the Harrisburg International Airport. Photo: Alex Brandon / AP
President Trump spoke Wednesday night in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, to a crowd of the truckers, focusing on his tax plan, which he claimed would "give the typical American household a $4,000 pay raise."
- "Remember, you will do your tax on a single piece of paper...H&R Block will not like Donald Trump very much, that's one company I will tell you. They will not like me at all."
- "When it comes to the business tax we are now dead last among developed nations."
- Trump said Patriots owner Bob Kraft told him while at the White House to give tax cuts "to the middle class, don't give it to us."
- "You finally have a government, and frankly you finally have someone that's given up a lot, my life was very good, I had a very good life...but you know what I'm having a better life now and I'm helping a lot of people."
- He said he would be announcing a statement on the Iran deal "very shortly."
- "Something happened today, where a country that totally disrespected us called with some very, very important news, and one of my generals came in and said you know I have to tell you, a year ago they would have never done that...you'll probably be hearing about it in the next few days."