How the Trump-Putin summit is playing in global headlines
Photo: Chris McGrath/Getty Images
President Trump's summit with Russian President Vladimir Putin has provoked a wave of negative reactions from both political parties in Washington.
Here's how it's playing around the world.
- The Guardian (U.K.): "Nothing Short of Treasonous: Trump accused over Putin talks"
- Le Monde (France): "Vladimir Putin dominates the Helsinki match against Donald Trump"
- Deutsche Welle (Germany): "Donald Trump denies collusion, says Russia probe 'a disaster' for US"
- Corriere Della Sera (Italy): "Putin: Zero interference in the U.S. vote. Trump believes him"
- El Universal (Mexico): "Moscow didn't interfere in U.S. presidential election, Putin tells Trump"
- Globe and Mail (Canada): "Shock at summit as Trump backs Putin, not U.S. intel on election meddling"