Morgan interviewed Trump on the heels of his trip to Davos. Screengrab via Good Morning Britain on YouTube.
President Trump told Piers Morgan in an interview which aired Sunday that he's willing to apologize for retweeting anti-Muslim hate videos from Britain First — a far-right ultranationalist political group.
“If you are telling me they’re horrible people, horrible, racist people, I would certainly apologize if you’d like me to do that," Trump said.
- "I wouldn't say I'm a feminist," the president said. "I think that would be, maybe, going too far. I’m for women, I'm for men, I’m for everyone.”
- On elephant hunting: Trump called the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Services decision to reverse an Obama-era ban on bringing elephant hunting trophies back to the U.S. a "terrible" one.
- "The ice caps were going to melt, they were going to be gone by now, but now they're setting records," Trump said.
- Reality check: "Ice on the ocean and on land are both disappearing rapidly, Jennifer Francis, a Rutgers University climate scientist, told the AP.
- On tweeting: Trump sends tweets "[p]erhaps sometimes in bed, perhaps sometimes at breakfast or lunch ... I don't call it tweeting, I call it social media."