Screengrab via ABC News
Jay Sekulow, a member of the president's legal team, made the rounds on Sunday morning, doing five TV interviews and insisting that Donald Trump Jr. broke no laws, and President Trump didn't mislead the American people over links between his campaign and Russia.
- On CNN, asked whether any Russia meetings are still undisclosed: "None that I know of, but I represent the President of the United States, but Donald Trump, Jr., said not in the context of formal meetings. He said he may have met with Russian people. A lot of people meet with Russian people, so that's not unusual."
- On Fox, asked if Trump Jr. meeting contradicts past statements on Russia: Sekulow pivots to an attack on James Comey, eventually says Trump himself didn't lie and the important thing is nothing illegal was done.
- On ABC: "Well, I wonder why the Secret Service, if this was nefarious, why the Secret Service allowed these people in."Asked if Trump would still testify under oath: "Look, the president was very clear that if it came to that, and I don't think it will, but if it came to that, he would do that."
- On CBS, asked if Trump is now under investigation: "Well, we've had no notification from the special counsel. Nothing's changed since James Comey said three times to the president that he wasn't under investigation. We've had nothing to the contrary since then."
- On NBC, asked if Trump was involved in initial, incomplete Trump Jr. statement: "The president did not draft the response.... I can't say whether the president was told the statement was going to be coming."