The Trump-Hillary merger
For two people who (now) loathe each other, Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton have a lot more in common these days than either would care to admit:
- Both like bashing Bernie.
- Both are beloved by a slice of their party, but increasingly grating to the rest.
- Both are convinced the media is out to get them and to blame for many of their problems.
- Both seem bitter about the election result and fixated on Hillary's popular-vote win.
- Both blame former FBI Director James Comey for their troubles.
- Both are consumed with allegations that Russia tipped the election.
- Both like Chuck Schumer more than Mitch McConnell.
- Both support the Democratic immigration plan for "Dreamers."
- Both are lapping up a slice of media acclaim amid widespread friendly fire: Trump, for his second "Chuck and Nancy" deal, and Hillary Clinton for a book that has many of her former supporters wishing she'd MoveOn.org.