- POTUS' tweet attacking Nordstrom for pulling Ivanka: Spicer called Nordstrom's actions an "attack" on Ivanka and said it's a move to "undermine her name based on particular policies that her father has taken."
- And the timing of that tweet: "He was free when that happened," not in the midst of the presidential daily briefing as his published schedule had implied.
- On the Yemen raid: "Anybody who undermines the success of that raid owes an apology and is a disservice to the life of Chief [Ryan] Owens." Spicer says that sentiment applies to anyone, even John McCain, who characterized the raid as a failure. Spicer on the raid last week: "I think it's hard to ever say something was successful when you lose a life."
- Japan PM's trip to Mar-a-Lago: Spicer didn't know who'd be paying for Shinzo Abe to spend the weekend at Trump's club in Florida.
- Obamacare delays: "I think its a mammoth thing to repeal and replace...While the president wants to get this done as soon as possible, he wants to get it done right."
Never miss an Axios exclusive. Sign up for Mike Allen's AM newsletter.
More stories loading.