Uber is continuing its search for a new CEO since co-founder Travis Kalanick resigned last month, and despite the company's many challenges, there is strong interest, according to a report from the New York Times citing anonymous sources.
The latest candidates under consideration:
- YouTube CEO Susan Wojcicki, former Virgin America CEO David Cush
- Former Yahoo chief executive Marissa Mayer
- Former Disney COO Thomas Staggs
- Adam Bain, Twitter's former chief operating officer is also being considered, which Axios had previously heard as well.
- NYT notes that former SoftBank and Google executive Nikesh Arora, among others, is angling for the job.
Concern: With Kalanick still on the board and with considerable voting power, some candidates have reportedly expressed worries about the potential dynamic. And it's unclear how much interest each of the above have expressed in the job.