Carolyn Kaster / AP
- Jason Chaffetz, House Oversight Committee Chair, on investigating Trump's role in Flynn developments: "The situation has taken care of itself."
- Devin Nunes, House Intel Committee Chair: Intel Committee will look into leaks, but won't look into Trump/Flynn discussions.
- Roy Blunt, Senate Intel Committee member, as noted by CNN: "For all of us, finding out if there's a problem or not and sooner rather than later is the right thing to do."
- Lindsey Graham, Senate Armed Services Committee member on CNN: "I'd have a hard time believing that Gen. Flynn would get on the phone with the Russian ambassador and suggest that, 'Don't worry, we will revisit this when we get to be president' in terms of executive sanctions without some understanding that the administration would be sympathetic to the idea."
- John Cornyn, Senate Majority Whip: He told reporters today that Senate committees dealing with intelligence need to investigate Flynn, per CNN.
Why it matters: The leaks surrounding Flynn's calls with the Russian ambassador are unprecedented, but so are the accusations flying against the former national security advisor.