Stef W. Kight May 10, 2017
The big stories that got buried by Comey news
- Health and Human Services released a memo saying agency employees shouldn't communicate with members of Congress or their staff without consulting the Assistant Secretary for Legislation and without noting federal whistleblower protections.
- West Virginia reporter Dan Heyman was arrested with a $5,000 bail last night after pressing HHS secretary Tom Price to answer questions on whether domestic violence would be considered a preexisting condition under the GOP health care bill.
- The deadline for several Trump aides to turn in a list of their contacts with Russia to the Senate Intelligence Committee was yesterday.
- Chelsea Manning wrote her first letter since clemency yesterday, after Obama commuted her sentence in January.
- 8 Democratic senators called for an investigation into Trump adviser Carl Icahn for violating trading laws and using his position to benefit one of the businesses in his control, according to NYT.