As tax day approaches and Republicans tackle tax reform, this map shows you the "total tax burden" for each state. So if you're not a fan of taxes, you might want to avoid New York and head to Delaware.
WalletHub added up the state and local tax rates for property tax, individual income, and sales and excise tax to calculate the total tax burden for each state.
- The top 10 states with the most aggressive taxing all voted for Hillary Clinton.
- 8 of the 10 least aggressive taxing states voted for Donald Trump.
- New Hampshire has the highest property tax in proportion to personal income.
- New York has the highest individual income taxes as a share of personal income.
- Hawaii has the highest total sales and excise tax in proportion to personal income.