Alexi McCammond May 21, 2017
Some side details from Trump's Saudi Arabia visit
Trump visited Saudi Arabia as the primary stop for his first overseas trip as POTUS. Here are some of the odd details from his full day of activities:
- A photo of Trump was projected onto the Ritz Carlton hotel at night, where Trump was staying.
- There were billboards with his face on them and American flags lining the streets from the airport to the Ritz Carlton hotel.
- Saudi Arabia's King Salman personally greeted Trump at the airport when he landed — that never happened with Obama.
- After eating a multi-course lunch, Jared Kushner greeted National Security Adviser H.R. McMaster with a high-five.
- Gary Cohn made his way to reporters before a bilateral meeting to assure them it was all going "really well."
- Trump barely slept on the plane there because he was working on the various drafts of his Islam speech, Chief of Staff Reince Priebus said, per Politico.