Trump visited Saudi Arabia as the primary stop for his first overseas trip as POTUS. Here are some of the odd details from his full day of activities:
- A photo of Trump was projected onto the Ritz Carlton hotel at night, where Trump was staying.
- There were billboards with his face on them and American flags lining the streets from the airport to the Ritz Carlton hotel.
- Saudi Arabia's King Salman personally greeted Trump at the airport when he landed — that never happened with Obama.
- After eating a multi-course lunch, Jared Kushner greeted National Security Adviser H.R. McMaster with a high-five.
- Gary Cohn made his way to reporters before a bilateral meeting to assure them it was all going "really well."
- Trump barely slept on the plane there because he was working on the various drafts of his Islam speech, Chief of Staff Reince Priebus said, per Politico.