Manuel Balce Ceneta / AP
Deputy Press Secretary Sarah Sanders opened Friday's off-camera briefing with a patriotic joke: "In honor of the Fourth of July, let's try to save all our fireworks for Tuesday."
- On Trump's health care tweet: "The president hasn't changed his thinking at all... We're looking at every possible option for repealing and replacing ObamaCare."
- On Medicaid cuts: "The priority is to protect everyone who is covered now, not throw anyone off."
- Easy access to guns in Chicago: Crime in Chicago "is probably driven by morality more than anything else."
- On steel tariffs: "No, at this point the president has not made a final decision."
- EO on Space Council: Sanders closed the briefing early so she could attend Trump's signing of a space council executive order.