Deputy Press Secretary Sarah Sanders confirmed Thursday that Robert Mueller was at the White House interviewing for FBI director the day before he was named as special counsel in the Russia probe. She also stated that she "believes" President Trump has confidence in Mueller, even after reports that he is investigating Trump for obstruction of justice.
- Has anyone in the WH received document requests from Mueller? "Not that I'm aware of," said Sanders.
- Who are the "bad and conflicted people" in Trump's tweet? Sanders said to refer to Trump's personal lawyer Marc Kasowitz. When pressed on why she couldn't answer, Sanders said, "because I'm not the president."
- Sanctions bill against Russia: "The administration is committed to existing sanctions against Russia," said Sanders, not committing to signing new sanctions and adding that the WH is "still reviewing" the bill.
- $12 billion Qatari arms deal Sanders says it was "years in the making and is a tangible show of support for our defense relationship."
- Trump Cuba speech: Sanders confirmed Trump will make an announcement on US-Cuba policy while in Miami tomorrow.
- Congressional baseball game: Sanders said several members of the Trump administration will attend tonight's game following yesterday's shooting.