Photo illustration: Aïda Amer/Axios. Photo: Chip Somodevilla/Getty Images.
🗓 What's happening: Trump casts Biden as vessel for "wild-eyed Marxists" in RNC acceptance speech
🚨 Highlights from Night 4:
- Ivanka Trump says she's seen "the pain" in her father's eyes when he hears about COVID deaths
- CNN adds second chyron to fact-check Trump's RNC speech
- McConnell at RNC: "We are the firewall against Nancy Pelosi’s agenda"
- Ben Carson defends Trump against accusations of racism
- Rudy Giuliani rails against Black Lives Matter, Antifa and De Blasio
- Trump aide Ja'Ron Smith: "I have seen his true conscience"
- Alice Johnson, whose life sentence was commuted by Trump, addresses RNC
- Tom Cotton accuses Biden of aiding and abetting China's rise for 50 years
📝 Between the lines: How Trump could pull off another upset.
- 🎧 Listen to Axios' Mike Allen talk about Trump's path to re-election on our daily podcast, Axios Today.
📸 The big picture: The GOP convention is a Trumpian production.
- 🙅♂️ Mark Meadows downplays RNC Hatch Act concerns after presidential pardon, naturalization ceremony.
🔵 The other side:
- Biden hits back at Pence over RNC speech: The violence is in "Donald Trump's America"
- Kamala Harris: The RNC is designed "to soothe Donald Trump's ego"
🗣️ Schedule: This week's convention speakers.
Other speakers on Night 4:
- Ivanka Trump
- HUD Secretary Ben Carson
- Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell
- Sen. Tom Cotton
- House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy
- Rudy Giuliani
- Franklin Graham
- Alice Johnson (granted clemency by Trump)
- UFC President Dana White
Highlights from Night 1: Trump's alternative reality.
- Donald Trump Jr.: Silent majority could become "silenced majority" — Sen. Tim Scott goes after Biden on race
- McCloskeys endorse Trump at RNC — Nikki Haley speech: "America is not a racist country"
Highlights from Night 2:
- Melania Trump acknowledged COVID-19's impact on America
- GOP speakers targeted the media
- Mike Pompeo lauded Trump for "bold initiatives in every corner of the world"
- Tiffany Trump: The president has been the "only person to challenge the establishment"
Highlights from Night 3:
- Vice President Mike Pence briefly addresses Kenosha: "The violence must stop"
- Rep. Dan Crenshaw doesn't mention Trump by name
- Kellyanne Conway: Trump has "elevated women"
- Pence national security adviser Keith Kellogg: "Trump is no hawk"
- Kayleigh McEnany shares personal story at RNC about preventative mastectomy
- 25-year-old GOP candidate: "In times of peril, young people saved this country"
- Trump's former spy chief Richard Grenell: Being called a "nationalist" is not an insult
👉 Go deeper: Axios full 2020 convention coverage