What we're hearing: E&C's health markup next week
The House Energy and Commerce Committee will hold a two-day markup next week of some of the health bills that were advanced out of the health subcommittee before the Thanksgiving recess.
- Those bills included bipartisan PBM measures, such as one that would delink PBM compensation from the price of a drug and make compensation a flat fee.
- Another would give temporary Medicare coverage to breakthrough medical devices while CMS works on a permanent coverage decision.
- The markup will be Tuesday and Wednesday, with the full list of health bills to be posted Friday, according to lobbyist sources. The markup will also include non-health-related bills.
- An Energy and Commerce spokesperson declined to comment.
The Senate HELP Committee, meanwhile, is holding a hearing on diabetes, obesity and public health the week of Dec. 11, per multiple lobbyists.
- A Senate HELP spokesperson didn't respond to a request for comment.