1 big thing: Axios Latino and Noticias Telemundo will partner to host the inaugural Visionarios event on September 29, 2022 in Washington, D.C.
- Axios and Noticias Telemundo journalists will lead newsmaking interviews and deep-dive discussions with prominent newsmakers across policy, culture and business.
- In-person attendance is invite-only. All conversations will be livestreamed to the public.
Why it matters: “Visionarios will spark necessary conversations as political attention turns to Latino voters ahead of the 2022 midterms,” said Axios Editor-in-Chief Sara Kehaulani Goo. “We are excited to partner with Noticias Telemundo to create a forum for this important dialogue, and hope it will inspire further conversation and reflection at this critical moment.”
Go deeper: Participating newsmakers will be announced in coming weeks. Already confirmed speakers include:
- Senior Advisor and Assistant to the President and Director of the White House Office of Intergovernmental Affairs Julie Chavez Rodriguez: Julie Chavez Rodriguez advises President Biden on pending legislation regarding everything from economic to immigration reform. She served previously as a Deputy Campaign Manager on the Biden-Harris Campaign, and as Special Assistant to the President and Senior Deputy Director of Public Engagement in the Office of Public Engagement during the Obama administration.
- Rep. María Elvira Salazar of Florida: Congresswoman Maria Elvira Salazar represents Florida’s 27th Congressional District serving South Florida. She currently serves on the House Committee on Foreign Affairs as well as the House Committee on Small Business. She is a five-time Emmy Award-winning journalist and has worked for every major U.S. Spanish-language broadcasting network.
- Rep. Ruben Gallego of Arizona: Congressman Ruben Gallego represents the 7th District of Arizona, including parts of Phoenix, Glendale, and Tolleson, in the U.S. House of Representatives. He is a Marine Corps combat veteran, a lifelong community leader, and the son of Hispanic immigrants. He is also a member and former First Vice Chair of the Congressional Hispanic Caucus.
- Siete Foods Co-Founder and CEO Miguel Garza: Miguel Garza is the Co-Founder and CEO of Siete Family Foods. Today, Miguel leads Siete as the fastest growing Latin-focused brand in food & beverage with 60+ products in over 16,000 grocery stores such as Walmart, Costco, Target and Kroger. In 2017, Miguel was included in Forbes’ 30 Under 30 list.
Learn more about Visionarios and register for the virtual livestream here.
Subscribe to Axios Latino here.
Axios is a digital media company delivering trustworthy breaking news and invaluable insights to help readers and viewers get smarter, faster across the topics reshaping our lives in politics, tech, business, media, science and the world. Axios was created around a simple proposition: deliver the cleanest, smartest, most efficient, and trust-worthy experience for readers and advertisers alike.