Good morning, everyone!
- 🙏 THANK YOU for the kind words and thoughtful feedback on yesterday's launch. We read every email!
- 👋 Some of you asked for more background about both of us. Scroll to the end for our (brief) bios!
⚡ Breaking overnight: Twitter has permanently banned MyPillow CEO Mike Lindell from the site, per CNN.
🦠 Situational awareness: MDH lab testing identified the nation's first known case of the Brazil COVID-19 variant here in the Twin Cities metro area.
- While the strain is thought to be more transmissible, it's not clear if it causes more serious illness. Go deeper.
Today's newsletter is 738 words — a 3-minute read.
Thanks again for starting your day with us. As promised, here's a bit more about us:
- 👩 Torey is a former Star Tribune political reporter whose work has also appeared in outlets ranging from InStyle to The Washington Post. She lives in Longfellow with her husband and her golden retriever Kirby, who recently learned to use a dog door.
- 👨 Nick joined Axios after seven years at the Minneapolis/St. Paul Business Journal. Before that, he wrote for the Southwest Journal and the Wausau Daily Herald in Wisconsin. Nick, a St. Paul native and graduate of the University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire, lives in Minneapolis with his wife and two kids.
- 🛥️ Fun fact: Nick is a U.S. Coast Guard-licensed riverboat captain on the Mississippi River!
😎 Catch you back here tomorrow, everyone!