2. 🏈 Week 15 NFL rankings (plus playoff picture)
With three Sundays left, the Ravens and 49ers remain my top two teams, and the Packers and Chiefs have entered the top five. But enough about my trivial power rankings — let's examine the playoff picture, which actually matters.
NFC playoff picture: Entering Week 15, there are just nine teams still alive in this top-heavy conference, and only one has clinched a playoff spot (Saints).
- 49ers, 11-2 (next: ATL, LAR, at SEA)
- Packers, 10-3 (CHI, at MIN, at DET
- Saints, 10-3 (IND, at TEN, at CAR)
- Cowboys, 6-7 (LAR, at PHI, WSH)
- Seahawks, 10-3 (at CAR, ARI, SF)
- Vikings, 9-4 (at LAC, GB, CHI)
In the hunt: Rams, 8-5 (at DAL, at SF, ARI); Bears, 7-6 (at GB, KC, at MIN); Eagles, 6-7 (at WSH, DAL, at NYG)
- Eliminated: Buccaneers, 6-7 (at DET, HOU, ATL); Panthers, 5-8 (SEA, at IND, NO); Falcons, 4-9 (at SF, JAX, at TB); Cardinals, 3-9-1 (CLE, at SEA, at LAR); Lions, 3-9-1 (TB, at DEN, GB); Redskins, 3-10 (PHI, NYG, at DAL); Giants, 2-11 (MIA, at WSH, PHI)
AFC playoff picture: The Chiefs have clinched the AFC West and the Ravens have clinched a playoff spot. In total, 11 teams are still alive.
- Ravens, 11-2 (next: NYJ, at CLE, PIT)
- Patriots, 10-3 (at CIN, BUF, MIA)
- Chiefs, 9-4 (DEN, at CHI, LAC)
- Texans, 8-5 (at TEN, at TB, TEN)
- Bills, 9-4 (at PIT, at NE, NYJ)
- Steelers, 8-5 (BUF, at NYJ, at BAL)
In the hunt: Titans, 8-5 (HOU, NO, at HOU); Browns, 6-7 (at ARI, BAL, at CIN); Raiders, 6-7 (JAX, at LAC, at DEN); Colts, 6-7 (at NO, CAR, at JAX); Broncos, 5-8 (at KC, DET, OAK)
- Eliminated: Chargers, 5-8 (MIN, OAK, at KC); Jets, 5-8 (at BAL, PIT, at BUF); Jaguars, 4-9 (at OAK, at ATL, IND); Dolphins, 3-10 (at NYG, CIN, at NE); Bengals, 1-12 (NE, at MIA, CLE)