8. NFC West preview
1. Los Angeles Rams: There are some issues on the defense and offensive line, but there's just way too much talent returning from a team that started 8-0, finished 13-3 and went to the Super Bowl to consider the Rams anything but a juggernaut.
- Top 100 players (per ESPN): DT Aaron Donald (1), RB Todd Gurley (46), QB Jared Goff (48), WR Brandin Cooks (78), OT Andrew Whitworth (80)
- In 5 words (per SI): McVay too young for hangover?
2. Seattle Seahawks: The Seahawks haven't won fewer than 9 games since Russell Wilson took over, and with the addition of Jadeveon Clowney, they might finally have the defensive firepower to hang with the Rams and reclaim the division.
- Top 100 players: QB Russell Wilson (9), LB Bobby Wagner (20), DE Jadeveon Clowney (42), WR Tyler Lockett (93)
- In 5 words: Usually better than people think.
3. San Francisco 49ers: QB Jimmy Garoppolo is 28 and one of the NFL's highest-paid players, yet he's started just 10 games in his career. Hopefully, he can stay healthy and prove himself this season, but the Niners are running out of time.
- Top 100 players: TE George Kittle (42), DE Dee Ford (90)
- In 5 words: No ACL excuses this year.
4. Arizona Cardinals: "There’s a significant disconnect between how good the Cardinals will probably be in 2019 and how excited people should be to watch them in Week 1. With Kyler Murray and Kliff Kingsbury in place, seemingly anything could happen." (The Ringer)
- Top 100 players: OLB Chandler Jones (65), RB David Johnson (74), CB Patrick Peterson (77)
- In 5 words: Will faster plays mean wins?