4. 5 things to watch in each party's Q1 fundraising reports
Democrats and Republicans will be looking far beyond the bottom-line numbers as they examine first-quarter campaign fundraising reports due Wednesday, Alayna and Axios' Lachlan Markay write.
Between the lines: We spoke with aides to House and Senate leadership, allies of former President Trump and top Democrats about their focus. They'll be looking for any proof Republicans were hurt by the Jan. 6 Capitol siege and whether Democrats are headed for midterm trouble.
1. Where are people in Trumpworld giving money?
2. How are the 10 House Republicans and seven GOP senators who voted to impeach Trump faring?
3. Do Trump endorsements translate to hard cash?
4. Which House GOP freshmen raised a lot of money?
5. Are targets of corporate PAC boycotts making up for shortfalls with small-dollar donations?
1. How is Jared Golden of Maine faring?
2. Is Big Tech stepping up its donations to Democrats in light of increasing GOP hostility?
3. How did moderate Democrats' numbers do vs. progressives?
4. What do the tea leaves show for Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer?
5. Who's giving to the earmarkers?