🚑 HeartFlow, a Redwood City, Calif.-based developer of a technology that creates personalized 3D model of the heart, has raised $240 million in Series E funding at a valuation north of $1.5 billion. Wellington Management and Baillie Gifford were joined by return backers like HealthCor. http://axios.link/C4aW
• Kakao, a South Korean messaging app maker, said that its gaming unit has raised $130 million in pre-IPO funding from backers like Tencent, Premier Growth, Actozsoft and Bluehole Studio. http://axios.link/wCG2
• LimeBike, a dockless bike-share startup, has raised $70 million in new Series B funding (bringing the round total to $132m). New backers include Fifth Wall. http://axios.link/P0pK
• Catalyte, a Baltimore-based provider of software development services, has raised $27 million in Series A funding from Rise of the Rest, Cross Culture Ventures, Expon Capital and Palm Drive Capital. It also has acquired Seattle-based developer Surge. http://axios.link/u0uU
• Primary, a New York kids clothing startup led by a pair of former Diapers.com execs, has raised nearly $20 million in new venture capital funding, according to an SEC filing. The company previously raised around $8 million from firms like Homebrew and USVP.
🍷 Vivino, a San Francisco-based mobile wine app and online wine marketplace, has raised $20 million in Series C funding. SCP Neptune International led, and was joined by return backers Balderton Capital, Creandum, SEED Capital Denmark and Iconical. http://axios.link/Fmbg
• RealWear, a Vancouver, Wash.-based maker of AR headsets for industrial workers, has raised $17 million in Series A funding led by Columbia Ventures Corp. http://axios.link/eafr
• SaltStack, a Salt Lake City-based “intelligent automation platform,” has raised $15.5 million in Series A funding. Mercato Partners led, and was joined by return backers Peak Capital, Epic Ventures and Deep Fork Capital. http://axios.link/FKFG
• DroneBase, a Los Angeles-based drone operations company, has raised $12 million in Series B funding. Union Square Ventures and Upfront Ventures co-led, and were joined by DJI, Hearst Ventures and Pritzker Group.
• DailyPay, a New York-based provider of real-time access to earned wages for employees, has raised $9 million in Series B funding. Intercept Ventures led, and was joined by return backers RPM Ventures, Inspiration Ventures and Draper Frontier. www.dailypay.com
• Lumi, a San Francisco-based startup that helps e-commerce companies produce custom packaging, has raised $9 million in Series A funding. Spark Capital led, and was joined by Forerunner Ventures and Homebrew. http://axios.link/okZq
• Boost.ai, a Norway-based provider of chatbots and virtual assistants, has secured up to $5 million from Alliance Venture. www.boost.ai
• Workast, a Santa Monica, Calif.-based Slack app for team management, has raised $1.85 million in seed funding. Greycroft led, and was joined by Spider Capital, Mucker Capital and Dream Incubator. www.workast.io
• Apologies: Yesterday we jumped the embargo gun on Singularity University, a California group that “educates individuals and organizations on navigating accelerating technological change,” raising Series B funding. The $32 million round co-led by WestRiver Group and Boeing, had been slated for today (which I had agreed to).
- Singularity's Carin Watson tells me the proceeds will go toward expanding digital learning solutions (it's mostly been an in-person biz) and international expansion