It's been a while since we've had a full-fledged Merger Monday, but today we've seen over $60 billion in announced deals.
Charles Schwab confirmed that it will buy TD Ameritrade for $26 billion in stock.
LVMH confirmed it will buy Tiffany & Co. for $16.2 billion (not including assumed debt), or $135 per share.
Viagogo agreed to buy StubHub from eBay for $4.05 billion in cash.
Novartis will buy The Medicines Co. for $9.7 billion in cash.
Mitsubishi Corp. agreed to buy Dutch utility Eneco for €4.1 billion, beating out KKR and Royal Dutch Shell.
Up next: Pass the stuffing.
Illustration: Lazaro Gamio/Axios
KKR agreed to buy Novaria Group, a Texas-based manufacturer of components for the aerospace and defense industries, from Rosewood Private Investments and Tailwind Advisors.
• VTEX, a Brazilian provider of backend e-commerce services, raised $140 million. SoftBank led, and was joined by Gávea Investimentos, Constellation Asset Management, and return backers Riverwood and Naspers. http://axios.link/UNzv
• Scribd, a San Francisco-based subscription reading service, raised $58 million led by Spectrum Equity. http://axios.link/Wbwn
• Frame.io, a New York-based video review and collaboration platform, raised $50 million in Series C funding. Insight Partners led, and was joined by return backers Accel, FirstMark, SignalFire, and Shasta Ventures. www.frame.io
• Detectify, a Sweden-based provider of a crowdsource website vulnerability scanner, raised €21 million. Balderton Capital led, and was joined by return backers Paua Ventures, Inventure, and Insight Partners. http://axios.link/Ad2m
• Tookitaki, a Singapore-based provider of compliance software for financial institutions, raised $11.7 million in new Series A funding. Viola Fintech led, and was joined by SIG Asia Investment and Nomura Holdings. http://axios.link/sjN2
• Entera, a residential real estate investment platform, raised $7.5 million. Bullpen Capital and Craft Ventures co-led, and were joined by ValueStream Ventures and ex-Keller Williams CEO Chris Heller. http://axios.link/mYjn
• Goya, the Spanish food giant, ended talks to sell itself to The Carlyle Group, following disagreement over the founding family’s ongoing role, per The NY Post. http://axios.link/0LOL
🚑 NextGen Growth Partners invested in Record Connect, a Saginaw, Mich.-based provider of services for healthcare patient information release. www.recordconnectinc.com
• Platinum Equity is in talks to buy Biscuit International, a Paris-based private-label sweet biscuit baker, from Qualium Investissement. http://axios.link/EAyi
• Silver Lake agreed to buy First Advantage, an Atlanta-based background check provider owned by Symphony Technology Group. Reuters reported that the deal could be valued north of $1.5 billion. http://axios.link/CgSH
• Exeter Finance, an Irving, Texas-based subprime auto lender owned by The Blackstone Group, withdrew an IPO registration filed in January, citing "market conditions." It had planned to trade on the NYSE with Citi and Wells Fargo as lead underwriters.
• Altice Europe (AS: ATCA) agreed to buy French fiber wholesale operator Covage for around €1 billion. Sellers include Cube Infrastructure Managers. http://axios.link/z5aW
• Euromoney (LSE: ERM) agreed to buy Wealth-X, a Singapore-based B2B information provider focused on high-net-worth individuals, for $20.4 million in cash. Sellers include Insight Venture Partners. http://axios.link/ch7S
• IDinvest Partners agreed to sell Bimedia, a French provider of point-of-sale collection software, to French lottery group FDJ (Paris: FDJ) for less than €50 million. http://axios.link/eENM
• Permira is seeking a buyer for British footwear maker Dr. Martens, which could fetch upwards of £1.2 billion, per MarketWatch. http://axios.link/t7js
🚑 Asahi Kasei (Tokyo: 3407) offered to buy Veloxis, a Copenhagen-listed drugmaker focused on transplant patients, for around $1.31 billion. http://axios.link/J08d
• Kirkland Lake Gold (TSX: KL) agreed to buy rival Canadian gold miner Detour Gold (TSX: DGC) for around C$4.9 billion in stock. http://axios.link/HU0J
• Mengniu Dairy of China agreed to buy Lion Dairy & Drinks, an Australian beverage group, from Kirin Holdings (Tokyo: 2503) for around $419 million. http://axios.link/B01k
☕ Unilever is denying weekend reports that its teas business, including brands PG Tips and Lipton, is for sale. http://axios.link/Qi3V
• MiddleGame Ventures, a VC firm focused on fintech startups in Europe and North America, raised €150 million for its debut fund. www.middlegamevc.com
🙏 Thanks for reading Axios Pro Rata. Please ask your friends, colleagues, and M&A bankers to sign up.