🥓 Hey D.C. readers: You're invited tomorrow to an Axios breakfast event at 8 a.m. about innovation in America's cities. Guests include Sen. John Thune (R-SD), Rep. Yvette Clarke (D-NY), CTA CEO Gary Shapiro and Chattanooga Mayor Andy Berke. RSVP here.
• Upvote: Reddit yesterday confirmed that it raised $300 million in new funding at a $3 billion valuation, with around half of it coming from lead investor Tencent. Some notes:
• Credit uncrunched: The U.S. junk bond market is back, after a late 2018 freeze that was raising serious concerns in private equity-land about being able to finance new transactions.
• Tabloid talk: On Friday we noted that the parent company of the National Enquirer is owned by a New Jersey private investment firm called Chatham Asset Management.
🎧 Pro Rata Podcast: Our new episode digs into the political battle over Sprint and T-Mobile's proposed mega-merger. Listen here.
Illustration: Sarah Grillo/Axios
Amazon (Nasdaq: AMZN) has agreed to buy Eero, a San Francisco-based provider of mesh WiFi devices for the home.
• DoorDash, the San Francisco-based on-demand food delivery service, is raising around $500 million at a valuation north of $6 billion, per the WSJ. Temasek reportedly is leading the round, which I hear has been ongoing for at least a month with several other lead term sheets submitted. http://axios.link/sm2G
• Zilingo, a Singapore-based online fashion marketplace, raised $226 million in Series D funding from EDBI and return backers Temsek, Sequoia India, Burda and Sofina. http://axios.link/SyU0
• Jobvite, a San Mateo, Calif.-based job recruitment platform, raised over $200 million in new funding from K1 Investment Management. It also acquired three smaller companies: Talemetry (Canada, recruitment marketing), RolePoint (SF, employee referrals) and Canvas (chatbot). http://axios.link/VBTs
🚑 Nuvaira, a Minneapolis-based medical device maker focused on pulmonary disease, raised $79 million. USVP led, and was joined by Endeavour Vision, Qiming Venture Partners, Lightstone Ventures and the Richard King Mellon Foundation. Return backers include Advanced Technology Ventures, Morgenthaler Ventures, Split Rock Partners, Versant Ventures, Vertex Venture and Windham Venture Partners. http://axios.link/6ioK
• Virtuo, a London-based car rental startup, raised £17.3 million from Iris Capital, Balderton Capital and Raise Ventures. http://axios.link/7u5p
⛽ Dandelion Energy, a home geothermal energy startup, raised $16 million in Series A funding. GV and Comcast Ventures co-led, and were joined by Lennar Corp. and return backers NEA, Collaborative Fund, Ground Up and Zhenfund. http://axios.link/VLuQ
• Axonius, a New York-based cybersecurity asset management startup, raised $13 million in Series A funding. Bessemer Venture Partners led, and was joined by return backers YL Ventures, Vertex, WTI and Emerge. www.axonius.com
• BeliMobilGue, an Indonesian used car sales platform, raised $10 million from backers like Frontier Car Group and Tunas Toyota. http://axios.link/eK0r
• C2A Security, an Israeli developer of cybersecurity solutions for in-vehicle attacks, raised $6.5 million in Series A funding co-led by Maniv Mobility and ICV. http://axios.link/xGgO
🚑 Culture Biosciences, a South San Francisco-based digital biomanufacturing platform, raised $5.5 million. Section 32 led, and was joined by Refactor Capital and Verily. www.culturebiosciences.com
• Evisort, a contract management startup, raised $4.5 million in seed funding co-led by Village Global and Amity Ventures. www.evisort.com
• Bertram Capital bought Perennials & Sutherland, a Dallas-based maker of acrylic performance fabric and rugs, from Acacia Partners. www.perennialsandsutherland.com
• Energizer Holdings (NYSE: ENR) and Duracell International (owned by Berkshire Hathaway) each may bid for a control stake in Eveready Industries India, per the Economic Times. Also expect offers from private equity firms The Blackstone Group, KKR and Kedaara. http://axios.link/ZcLd
• H.I.G. Capital invested in Digital Ware, a Bogota-based provider of ERP, HCM, BPM and hospital information software. www.digitalware.com.co
• Insight Equity bought Eddy Foods, a Yoakum, Texas-based processor of smoked, cooked and fresh meats, from Mason Wells. www.eddypacking.com
• Thoma Bravo agreed to buy mortgage software company Ellie Mae (NYSE: ELLI) for $3.7 billion, or $99 per share (21% premium to yesterday's closing price). http://axios.link/JuTY
🚑 Veritas Capital and Elliott Management completed their $5.7 billion take-private buyout of healthcare software company Athenahealth. http://axios.link/NhQN
🚑 EQT Partners is planning to sell between a 20% and 25% stake in European veterinary services company IVC at a valuation north of €1.5 billion, per Reuters. http://axios.link/aTua
• FLIR Systems (Nasdaq: FLIR) agreed to buy Endeavor Robotics, a provider of ground-based robotic systems to the U.S. military and other clients, from Arlington Capital Partners for $385 million. http://axios.link/gKvw
• Grief (NYSE: GEF) acquired Caraustar Industries, an Austell, Ga.-based maker of paperboards, from H.I.G. Capital for $1.8 billion. http://axios.link/AUqz
• SteelRiver Infrastructure Partners is seeking a buyer for Patriot Rail Co., a Jacksonville, Fla.-based rail operator that could fetch over $600 million, per Bloomberg. http://axios.link/cSvy
• KDDI (Tokyo: 9433) agreed to invest around $800 million for a minority stake in online securities company Kabu.com (Tokyo: 8703). http://axios.link/rVBZ
• Bao Dinh joined Idinvest Partners as an investment director. He previously was director of EMEA at HotelTonight. www.idinvest.com
• Julie Hanna, a special advisor to Google (X) and executive chair of Kiva, has joined Obvious Ventures as a venture partner.
• Dave MacDonald, former CEO of Softchoice, joined Leaders Fund as a venture partner.
• Ashish Saboo joined growth equity firm General Atlantic as a managing director and head of a new Jakarta office. He previously led biz dev for CT CORPORA. www.generalatlantic.com
🚑 David Schenkein, former CEO of Agios Pharma (Nasdaq: AGIO), is joining GV as co-head of its life sciences investment group. http://axios.link/D8JT
For more on Reddit and everything else in the world of media, sign up for Sara Fischer's weekly Media Trends newsletter.