1 looming thing
But in Washington, the Graham-Cassidy health care bill refuses to go away.
- To be clear: Republicans don't have 50 committed votes for repeal.
- Axios health care reporter Caitlin Owens writes in with her best educated guess: "[I]'d guess most Republicans still don't know what's in it, but the fact that their Obamacare repeal deadline is fast approaching is probably freaking them out."
- Just posted on the Axios health care stream: "The uncertainty surrounding Senate Republicans' latest repeal-and-replace bill is putting more pressure on Democrats to reach a deal to stabilize the Affordable Care Act."
Go deeper: The numbers on how Graham-Cassidy would redistribute federal money.
What you missed
- The big tax number: Walmart has paid 46x more income tax than Amazon since '08. How it happened.
- Flynn's defense fund: Michael Flynn's family expects an "enormous expense" from legal bills associated with the Russia probe. Details.
- Hurricane Maria is next: Puerto Rico, the U.S. and British Virgin Islands, and Saint Maarten are all under a hurricane watch with Maria expected around mid-week. Expectations.
- Iran's president on the cost of the U.S. killing the nuclear deal: "[I] do not believe Americans would be willing to pay such a high cost for something that will be useless for them." His reasoning.
- Spicer's regret: Sean Spicer told the NYT he "absolutely" regrets his post-inauguration briefing. Quotes.