The story to watch: Uber's CEO hunt
Uber's board of directors is meeting tonight, per Axios Business Editor Dan Primack, who says Hewlett-Packard Enterprise CEO Meg Whitman is a "leading candidate" for the pick, although there are dissenters on the board.
- In favor: Matt Cohler, David Trujillo, Ryan Graves and Garrett Camp
- Not in favor (at least for now): Travis Kalanick and Arianna Huffington
- Unclear: Wan Ling Martell and Yasir Al Rumayyan
Go deeper: Primack breaks down why board members have taken these positions, in addition to what to watch.
What you missed
- End of an era: Apple is discontinuing the iPod nano and iPod shuffle. Details.
- The end of the BAT: The border adjustment tax is off the table. Swan's analysis.
- Meanwhile, Reince: The White House chief of staff had a rough day, courtesy of Anthony Scaramucci. Trumpworld's silence.
- Generals want an order: Joint Chiefs Chair Joseph Dunford says business as usual for transgender troops until they hear more from Trump. Quotes.
- The GOP health bill: Senate Republicans are working on "skinny repeal." What's in it.
Quote of the day
Scaramucci to CNN, on Priebus: "Some brothers are like Cain and Abel. Other brothers can fight with each other and get along. I don't know if this is reparable or not, that will be up to the president." The video.