President Trump is fully on the Roy Moore train, tweeting his support today and calling the Alabama Senate candidate while en route to Utah to announce he's scaling back a pair of national monuments.
His big quote, according to the Moore campaign: "go get 'em, Roy!"
Trump's five news items from today:
- Tweeted endorsement for Roy Moore: "Democrats refusal to give even one vote for massive Tax Cuts is why we need Republican Roy Moore to win in Alabama. We need his vote on stopping crime, illegal immigration, Border Wall, Military, Pro Life, V.A., Judges 2nd Amendment and more. No to Jones, a Pelosi/Schumer Puppet!"
- Compared Michael Flynn to Hillary Clinton: "I feel badly for Gen. Flynn. I feel very badly. He's led a very strong life, and I feel very badly. I will say this, Hillary Clinton lied many times to the FBI and nothing happened to her. Flynn lied, and they destroyed his life, and I think it's a shame." [Video]
- Encouraged Sen. Orrin Hatch to run for re-election. Reports from Utah have suggested Mitt Romney could run if Hatch retires.
- Signed two proclamations shrinking national monuments in Utah: The Bears Ears monument is shrinking from 1.5 million acres to 220,000 acres. The Grand Staircase-Escalante is going from 2 million acres to 1 million acres.
- Nancy Pelosi and Chuck Schumer will meet with Trump after all. They'll visit the White House on Thursday.