3 White House storylines
The main topics that came out of today's White House briefing (on camera) with Sarah Huckabee Sanders:
- The deputy press secretary confirmed President Trump was involved with Don Jr's statement on the Russia meeting in Trump Tower: "Look, the statement that Don Jr. issued is true. There's no inaccuracy in the statement... he certainly didn't dictate, but...he weighed in, offered suggestions, like any father would do." That contradicts Trump lawyer Jay Sekulow.
- She said Trump had "no knowledge" of the Seth Rich story that was the center of a lawsuit filed today by Rod Wheeler, a Fox News contributor.
- Sanders claimed Trump was joking when he told a crowd of police officers not to be "too nice" when arresting "thugs."
What you missed
- Kushner Q&A leaked: Jared Kushner gave an off-the-record Q&A to Hill interns. The details have leaked.
- That Seth Rich lawsuit: Rod Wheeler, a Fox News contributor, claims his employer and a Trump supporter teamed up to concoct the now-retracted story on Seth Rich. The lawsuit.
- Acting DEA chief criticizes Trump: Chuck Rosenberg, who was retained by the Trump administration after being appointed by Loretta Lynch in 2015, said the president "condoned police misconduct." Quotes.
- Low-income housing shortage: America's next policy challenge is providing housing for people who make less than $20,000. Numbers.
- "Power grab": Opposition leaders in Venezuela were reportedly "dragged from their homes" this morning. What we know.
1 catch-up thing
What you may have missed around the world during the Scaramucci saga. Recap.