1 big thing: Trump's nuclear ranting
Trump spent his day seething at NBC News — targeting the network on Twitter this morning and calling its treatment of him "frankly disgusting" this afternoon — after NBC reported Trump told staffers this July that he wanted the nuclear arsenal increased 10-fold.
- Tweet 1: "Fake @NBCNews made up a story that I wanted a 'tenfold' increase in our U.S. nuclear arsenal. Pure fiction, made up to demean. NBC = CNN!"
- Tweet 2: "With all of the Fake News coming out of NBC and the Networks, at what point is it appropriate to challenge their License? Bad for country!"
- To reporters during his meeting with Justin Trudeau: "It's totally unnecessary [to increase our nukes] because I know what we have right now... We don't need an increase... and it's frankly disgusting the way the press is able to write whatever they want to write."
2. What you missed
- Boy Scouts to allow girls: They'll soon be able to earn ranks up to Eagle Scout. Quick details.
- Trump's expected DHS nominee: Kirstjen Nielsen, a deputy to John Kelly. Meet her.
- Russia's Facebook ads to be released: Leaders of the House Intel Committee said they will release the Russian-sponsored ads that ran on Facebook during the 2016 election. More.
- Latest to accuse Harvey Weinstein: Cara Delevingne, who said Weinstein asked her to kiss another woman in his presence, tried to forcibly kiss her and told her that she would not "make it as an actress in Hollywood" because she is gay. See her post.
- Fellow Americans update: The California wildfires have destroyed more than 3,500 structures, claiming at least 17 lives. Meanwhile, the death toll in Puerto Rico has risen to 45.
3. 1 pig thing
Axios' Stef Kight rounds up the list of the powerful men exposed in sex scandals this year.