1 big thing: Trump's DACA deliberations
Expect a decision Tuesday on whether President Trump will end the Obama-era program that allows undocumented immigrants who came to the U.S. as children to avoid deportation and obtain work permits, per White House press secretary Sarah Sanders.
As laid out by Axios' Jonathan Swan earlier in the day:
- "Trump's aides are acutely aware of the explosive nature of the politics and human realities surrounding the decision, which could affect more than 750,000 people."
- "But it's not clear how much of that is getting through to the President, whose inputs are extremely constricted under the regime of new Chief of Staff General John Kelly."
What you missed
- Still a "skeleton": Gary Cohn said the White House is working with Congress on the framework for tax reform. Quotes.
- Juicero calls it quits: The makers of a $400 juicer are suspending sales and offering refunds. Read the letter.
- Trump's earlier Comey letter: Robert Mueller has obtained a draft of a Trump letter that the president was blocked from sending. Details.
- Feds sounded Antifa alarm in 2016: DHS classified the activities of the anti-fascist group known as Antifa as "domestic terrorist violence," warning of the potential for more attacks. Meet Antifa.
- Mega-merger news: Dow Chemical and DuPont completed their $130 billion deal today. Now it's DowDuPont, or DWDP.
1 cool thing before your long weekend
"The Cuvier's beaked whale is the undisputed champion of the long, deep dive," per Axios' Erin Ross.
"In a study released this week, Erin Falcone and her team recorded a record-shattering dive: one whale held its breath for an astounding two hours and 43 minutes."