The polls vs. Trump
Three recent polls to note on President Trump:
- Monmouth University: 52% disapprove vs. 39% approve
- ABC/Washington Post: 58% disapprove vs. 36% approve
- Bloomberg: 56% disapprove vs. 40% approve
The number to watch: 41% in the Monmouth poll support impeaching the president, compared to 24% for Richard Nixon at the same point of his presidency.
What you missed
- Biden spits fire: the former VP has an op-ed today at Washington Post, saying the GOP's effort to repeal the Affordable Care Act is enough to "make your blood boil." Top quotes.
- The new subprime: $26 billion in new subprime auto bonds were sold in 2016. Details.
- Speaking of buying stuff: 44% of Americans have regrets about buying their current home or the buying process. Numbers.
- Blue Apron spooked: After Amazon trademarked a slogan that suggests it's about to enter that market. Uh oh.
- The next big short: It's in retail, according to one hedge funder.
1 fun thing
President Trump in a fire truck.