By Mike Allen
1 thing you never get to see
The White House is undergoing renovations during President Trump's stay in Bedminster, New Jersey.
What you missed
- Venture capitalists go to war over Uber: Dan Primack with his second scoop in two days on the fight over Uber's board. Read the fighting words.
- A defense of occupational licensing: A pair of Clemson professors found that such licenses reduce income inequality within a field. Details.
- Saudis lean to NYC for IPO: Ben Geman on the preparations for an IPO for the Saudi oil company, Aramco. Preview.
- Tardiness at the White House: 18 officials filed late disclosure forms. Highlights.
- Intrigue for Facebook: The company reportedly authorized a copycat app to get past the great Chinese firewall. What that means.
Tweet du jour
President Trump's most recent comments on the North Korea situation, per the White House travel pool:
- On what he meant with his locked and loaded tweet: "I think that's pretty obvious... We are looking at it very carefully.. hopefully they'll understand."
- To those criticizing his language on North Korea: "Critics are only saying it because it's me."
- On Kim Jong Un: "If he utters one threat in the form of an overt threat.. if he does anything with respect to Guam or any place else... He will truly regret it and he will regret it fast."