1 big thing: Trumpworld's private flights
"Tom Price's pricey private flights have unleashed a number of stories about other Trump administration officials flying charter, military or private on taxpayers' dime," writes Axios' Alayna Treene.
- The list: Tom Price, Scott Pruitt, Steven Mnuchin, Ryan Zinke and David Schulkin.
- The latest: Trump told reporters this afternoon he'll make a decision about Tom Price's future in the administration tonight: "He's a very fine man. I certainly don't like the optics. I'm not happy, I can tell you that. I'm not happy."
Go deeper: The flights that we know of so far.
2. What you missed
- The latest on Puerto Rico: Trump says we're "literally starting from scratch." The mayor of San Juan's punchy CNN interview got the acting DHS chief to say the response to the devastation is "not satisfactory." A private equity investor pledged $10 million in relief.
- "W" criticizes Trump travel ban for including North Korea. The report.
- Private equity's women problem: It's the most skewed gender imbalance within the alternative asset space, although not by too much. The chart.
- Billion dollar lifeline: The Energy Department announced conditional loan guarantee commitments today for struggling nuclear power reactors under construction in Georgia. Broader challenges remain.
- Manufacturers get jazzed about tax cuts: From Axios' Alexi McCammond, who was in the room at Trump's speech today. Details.
3. Quote of the day
"I am asking the President of the United States to make sure somebody is in charge that is up to the task of saving lives... I will do what I never thought I was going to do. I am begging, begging anyone that can hear us, to save us from dying. If anybody out there is listening to us, we are dying, and you are killing us with the inefficiency." — San Juan Mayor Carmen Yulín Cruz, in a press conference minutes ago.
Video posting shortly on the Axios stream.