Situational awareness on this first Friday of August:
- The jobs numbers: 209k new jobs, 4.3% unemployment rate.
- "Pharma Bro" Martin Shkreli was convicted on three counts of securities fraud.
- A U.S. appeals court has tossed out a murder conviction and long sentences of four people involved in the 2007 Blackwater shootings in Iraq.
- At his much-anticipated news conference on leaks, Attorney General Jeff Sessions said the DOJ is accelerating leaks investigations, and floated the possibility of media subpoenas.
- President Trump's vacation is underway. He'll spend the next few weeks at his golf course in New Jersey.