Situational awareness: Trump has floated 3 potential Kelly replacements, Axios' Jonathan Swan reports.
The list: Kevin McCarthy, Mick Mulvaney and businessman Tom Barrack.
1 marvelous thing: Tonight's Opening Ceremony
It's been a long week, so we're ending it on a mostly-positive note with a visual preview from the Opening Ceremonies, which streamed live this morning and broadcast nationally at 8pm EST tonight on NBC.
2. What you missed
- Wall Street had another volatile trading day, with the Dow Jones Industrial Average experiencing massive swings before closing up 330 points. More.
- Trump said today that former White House aide Rob Porter, who faces domestic abuse allegations, including photographic evidence, "will have a great career" ahead of him and that he wishes him well. Trump didn't mention the alleged victims. Watch.
- Waymo stunned a packed courtroom this morning by announcing that it and Uber have settled their legal dispute. Details.
- Amazon plans to launch its own shipping service for businesses, setting it up to directly take on shipping giants UPS and FedEx. Details.
- Facebook is testing a "downvote" button for comments. A Facebook spokesperson said the feature is not a dislike button. Check it out.
3. Quote of the day
“The top seven stories today are all guys getting blown up... And these are not small guys... I think it’s going to unfold like the Tea Party, only bigger... It’s not Me Too. It’s not just sexual harassment. It’s an anti-patriarchy movement. Time’s up on 10,000 years of recorded history. This is coming. This is real.”— Steve Bannon watched the State of the Union with Bloomberg View's Michael Lewis