By Mike Allen
1 big thing: terror in London
ISIS has claimed responsibility for the explosion on a train that hospitalized at least 29 this morning in London, reports Axios' Alayna Treene. Quick updates:
- Photos from the scene reveal a fire inside a shopping bag in a white bucket inside a train cart. One passenger told the UK's Press Association he heard a "boom and when I looked there were flames all around."
- Police said the improvised explosive device did not fully explode, but was meant to explode further.
- Bottom line: This marks the fifth major terrorist attack in the U.K. this year.
What you missed
- Bitcoin got smoked: Axios' Dan Primack points out the horrible week for the major cryptocurrency. Chart.
- The big future story: A pioneer in artificial intelligence says we need to start over. His argument.
- Sen. Finance Chair Orrin Hatch: Tax reform is "much harder than health care". His quotes.
- Mystery in Cuba: Raul Castro denies involvement in 'health attacks' on U.S. diplomats. Details.
- Today in Trump: The president called on ESPN to "apologize," said the travel ban would be tougher were it not for political correctness, and made a video with the kid who mowed the White House lawn.
1 bun thing
That's the Vice Presidential bunny, whose Instagram account announced a book today.