Was this email forwarded to you? Sign up here.
Also, get more market insight by following me on Twitter.
- BB&T is acquiring rival SunTrust Banks in a $66 billion all-stock merger, creating the 6th biggest bank by assets and deposits. (Axios)
- PG&E has contained a natural gas leak from a pipe that exploded on Wednesday, engulfing a major thoroughfare in San Francisco in flames. (Bloomberg)
- House Financial Services Committee Chair Maxine Waters called on the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau to rescind a new proposal easing restrictions on payday lenders just hours after their release. The Obama-era proposal would force payday lenders to ensure borrowers can afford the loans they are offered. (Politico)
- Chipotle shares rose more than 10% after the company reported better than expected fourth-quarter earnings after the bell on Wednesday. (CNBC)
- Twitter topped earnings and revenue expectations and added 321 million monthly active users — down from the prior year's 330 million MAUs. (CNBC)