Jack Ma at a conference in Nairobi, Kenya, in July 2017. Photo: Ben Curtis / AP
Tech and real estate are the paths to riches in China. The latest top five are:
- Hui Ka Yan, chairman of real estate developer China Evergrande: $40.7 billion;
- Tencent co-founder and chairman Pony Ma Huateng:$39 billion;
- Jack Ma, Alibaba co-founder and chairman: $39.9 billion;
- Wang Jianlin, chairman of real estate developer and entertainment giant Dalian Wanda: $25.1 billion;
- Wang Wei, chairman of SF Holding, aka the "Fedex of China": $21.1 billion
Jack Ma may be having the most fun. He stars in a new short film about a Tai Chi master – himself.