Minnesota's highest paid athletes, by the numbers
It pays to play in the NBA. Three of the six highest paid Minnesota athletes play for the Timberwolves.
Driving the news: August is a good time to assess which athletes are making the most for the upcoming football, basketball and hockey seasons, as well as the current Twins season.
By the numbers: Let's take a look at annual cash earnings, using data from Spotrac and Baseball Reference.
1. Karl-Anthony Towns, Wolves, $31.6 million
2. D’Angelo Russell, Wolves, $28.6 million
3. Josh Donaldson, Twins, $21.8 million
4. Kirk Cousins, Vikings, $21 million
5. Dalvin Tomlinson, Vikings, $16 million
6. Malik Beasley, Wolves, $14.5 million
7. Taurean Prince, Wolves, $13 million
8. Danielle Hunter, Vikings, $12.8 million
9. Miguel Sano, Twins, $12.3 million
10. Adam Thielen, Vikings, $11.6 million
Of note: These figures are for cash paid to a player for the upcoming season (or current Twins season). It doesn't include signing bonuses that were already paid.
More Twin Cities stories
No stories could be found
Get a free daily digest of the most important news in your backyard with Axios Twin Cities.