What to watch as Minnesota Vikings start training camp
The Minnesota Vikings held their first team practice yesterday at Eagan's TCO Performance Center.
What to watch: The Vikings have remade several units of their team as they fight to return to the playoffs in a division that, unfortunately, has Aaron Rodgers in Green Bay again.
- The defensive line should be much improved with the return of Danielle Hunter from injury, the signings of Sheldon Richardson and Dalvin Tomlinson and the debut of Michael Pierce, who missed last season due to health concerns related to COVID.
- The offensive line lost solid left tackle Riley Reiff, but has two young rookies to watch: Christian Darrisaw and Wyatt Davis.
- The secondary added Patrick Peterson and Bashaud Breeland, and the team is hoping young corners Cameron Dantzler and Jeff Gladney take steps forward.
- Kirk Cousins will be back as the starting quarterback, but fans will get their first glimpse of rookie third-round pick Kellen Mond in training camp.
Nick's confidence level: 6.
- The team should be better thanks to the D-Line, but once again it all comes down to the offensive line holding up.
Good to know: Information on tickets to watch practice (some are free) can be found here.
More Twin Cities stories
No stories could be found
Get a free daily digest of the most important news in your backyard with Axios Twin Cities.