Apr 25, 2021 - News
Attn: There are now plenty of vaccine appointments in the Twin Cities
The days of compulsively refreshing vaccinespotter.org to get your shot slot are over.
State of play: After weeks of demand dwarfing supply, there are now plenty of options for getting a vaccine that don't require driving from the Twin Cities to a Walmart in Fergus Falls.
- A search on Sunday, for example, revealed dozens of clinics and pharmacies in the metro with appointment availability.
- Large vaccination sites are also showing more availability. Info here, here and here.
- Plus, the return of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine after a temporary pause means thousands more one-dose shots will be available in the days ahead.
The big picture: Public officials in Minnesota and beyond are spotting signs of a slowdown in vaccine demand. That's a problem for the state's goal of immunizing 80% of the population.
- Right now 55% of those eligible have at least one dose and 40% are fully vaccinated.
Already had one shot? Don't forget to schedule No. 2.
- And if you're among the fully vaxxed, why not take a minute to see if a friend or neighbor needs some help (or a friendly nudge) to get theirs on the calendar?
The bottom line: If you were discouraged by the demand and gave up trying to find a shot, your excuse has expired.
More Twin Cities stories
No stories could be found
Get a free daily digest of the most important news in your backyard with Axios Twin Cities.