May 17, 2024 - News

The Pulp: 🩴 Beer Can Island flip-flops

Illustration of a manatee holding a newspaper and drinking a glass of orange juice.

Illustration: Allie Carl/Axios

📈 St. Petersburg and Clearwater saw a surge in tourism this March, a new report from Visit St. Pete-Clearwater shows. (WFTS)

🏝️ Tampa's Beer Can Island is back open and mostly off the market. Its owners have decided to keep 90% of the popular destination and sell the remaining 10% in 1,000 shares priced at $1,500 each. (Tampa Bay Times)

🏞️ Lakeland city commissioners picked a design for the revitalization of downtown's Munn Park. The plan features a shade pavilion, restrooms and a splash pad. (LkldNow)

avatar

Subscribe for more Axios Tampa Bay in your inbox.

Read the full edition

More Tampa Bay stories